Monday, April 6, 2009

In His Defense




In His Defense
by: Arch Nemesis


In his defense
I see why he hit her
My baby sister
Why he
Beat her
Out of love
Fear that she would leave
Because there have been times
Times when I had the urge to choke
To beat her myself
In counteraction to his abusive reaction
And I did it out of love
So who is wrong
He or i
For the product of her swollen eyes
Unable to see who loves her more
When silent prayers and constant questioning
Doesn’t say I love you enough
His right hook trumps my upper cut
With bedtime kisses
And internal manipulation that seems to touch her soul
While I could only reach her skin
Tried to tell her something
But only his whispers are picked up on her radar
As he puts something on her mind that makes concussions look like a wish list request
At best
I can never really love her as much as he loves her
As I snatch her up out of his arms
An action of defeat at the fact that she can’t think for herself
But something about him makes her run back
I wish I could learn his Rick James & Ike Turner combinations that make her neglect her kids
Just to ensure that he won’t leave
But my press-ons don’t dig scratches deep enough to draw blood or
Make her want to donate an ovary to love
After his fists teach his would be sons about Ali from their pre-womb abode
I use to love her without yelling
Briefly
Before he entered the scene
And now real love aint been common sense
Since
She neglects her book sense to contribute to this bull-ish
Letting her be, fuels his methodology that no one is there for her
Isolated
Premeditated
I’m so elated
That at least this time her wounds can be medicated
Prematurely stated
As his fist misjudges her head for the wall when he threw the phone
Soon E.T. wont be able to phone home and he likes it that way
Likes it when I want to beat some sense into her,
Literally
Yet hypothetically
I can understand why he hits her
Beats her out of love
Never said we were right
But for our love for her
I guess like recognizes like
No one more wrong than right
I just hope his love for her will at least let her make it through tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment