Thursday, August 20, 2009

Draft


Draft
By: Arch Nemesis


He spoke in inconstant consonants
Wrong em-pha-sis on wrong syl-lab-les
Silly how
He had me hooked
Shook
Nicknamed vibrato
Between the tone in his voice
Denying truth
Making his meta-threes
Metaphors
Because that is what I do
More than upgrade
With him
I spell checked
Sipping his weighted seas
Gram-mar
Searching for similes
In inconsistencies
Sprayed across the mic in limelight
Just to write poetry in the dark
Tasted ink
Tickled by quill tips
Tantric draft
Unaware I wouldn’t make it to the final cut
Open mic’ed
Slamable
But unworthy of slam
I took preacher for poet
Pencil for pen
Boy turned man,
Dressed up gentleman
Turned insecure again
Hidden behind a tongue
That erased my fears
Kept me w/in margins
Thinking
I’m his new poem
Sincere in his sincerely
Good in his bye
How’d I
End up as a draft
Rough
Unedited
Worked over
Practiced
The predecessor to greatness
Ignored punctuation
Puncturing wounds
Held my monologues captive
To portray single sided dialogue
He spoke with conviction
Opening convents
Equipped with pulpits
To baptize the believer of his words
Tithing 10% of truth
For hundredfold dollar bills
On recycled poems
The size of mustard seeds
Planted on stages
Watered with pages
Promising the MC
He’d stay w/in time
Featuring w/ a poem
Similar not familiar to mine
No this poem
Was memorized
While I laid patiently
Desktop
Waste side
w/ the rest of his concepts
Left blowing in the wind
Watermarked
Draft

No comments:

Post a Comment