Sunday, August 16, 2009

Babble On by Arch Nemesis

Well, I have had some things on my heart & spirit for a minute. And in order for me to be through with it I have to pray about it and then write it out of my system. So this poem is comprised of my feelings about 6 people over the past 4 years of my life. Be it not trusting in me, believing hearsay, or creating something out of nothing due to paranoia. I am not phased by it. Reaching an age where I am use to it and I just wish that people would learn how to communicate better. I guess you could say this is an ode to nonsense and those who keep it alive....and a prayer for those who believe in it or are ignorant to its existence. I hope that you enjoy. God bless to the 6 people in this poem... still no hard feelings, but wrote in truth and still sending positive prayers & blessings in your direction. Just that our season is up.It was fun while it lasted & I learned a lot. Love ya!

Babble On
By: Arch Nemesis
8-16-09

They sat in trenches
Sniffing a$$ like bitches,
Supposedly
Hearing truth in the land of Babylon.
Translated truth and made it myth,
Lost it in translation and made it lie.
My,
How you surround yourself
With people who wallow so low.
Bound to you in loyalty
And you manage not to smell the shit.
Dripping off tongues
Explained away as the predecessor to roses
Less we forget
Banned books concealing transgressions
Burned at the stake of being your friend
Religion edited
Prayers said to include
In his bullshit we trust
Thus
Monkeys become blind, deaf and dumb
And although monkeys see
They just let Masa do
Ducking at darts of retaliation that always seems to find
You
Shielded in hushed lips to conquests moans
Dare I say I had faith in you?
But never believed in the façade paraded
Masqueraded and danced in pulpits
As we all got behind you to hold up the corners of your wobbling soapbox
We, the people
Turned peasants in the shadows of informants
Whose secret operations
Became undercover paparazzi to document what we say
Because truth can’t be sold on the front street so easily
But it is here where the stench lies
In having one’s back
But being backless
Seems inevitably pointless
Jest strapped to truth
Defendant w/ labeled prosecutors
Who don’t tell you their defense plan
Until after the trial is through
Accusations hurled behind backs of others
And dare I believe now
When words were not spoken before
I’ll hold on to those who speak evil of me behind my back
Than those who smile proudly to my face
At least I’ll know them full circle
It is a dance
Where I have rhythm
Build the cadence
Hit high hats
Over the snares of haters who bounced off beat
To the 2step of your friendship
How were they ever to hear my words
Sounding over the roaring melody of
Bitch this aint your business
And if it were
Why are you eavesdropping?
Like pride divorced you and etiquette banished you from decency
Lips tied tighter than presidential pages
Yet sensitive over what wasn’t said
Versus what could have been
Babylon
Never meant to be deciphered
And those who try
Can’t be trusted by those who speak the same tongue
For how did you learn the tongue
Of those purposefully segregated by God
Latin translates different than Ebonics
Reason left out
And tone muted for bullshit
Deaf to screeches of dead marches of foot soldiers going AWOL
To the cause of CIA
Cause See I Aint never said a lie
But I have spoken truth
Whose themes
Were misinterpreted to unequal equivalents in your native tongue
Be it not my place to find a word for
Listen
Hear me out
How do you say
We thought we were each others friends
Be it now or never
But blessings sent over the walls of Sodom and Gomorrah
To reach you in your lingual heart
As those with hidden agendas continue to Babble On
Sincerely
A citizen of Babylon

No comments:

Post a Comment