Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Plus Sized Bonding

I read a letter on VentLetters.com about a plus size woman and how she felt when it came to the dating scene. I felt her pain and felt compelled to respond. Below is my response.

We've heard it all before. But when are we gonna be the answer to our own problems/concerns/gripes? I use to be a small size US 8. Loved it. Fell in love got pregnant and blew the hell up. I have photos of me toppling 300lbs and people think I doctored the photo. I heard the comments, walked into clubs with guys yelling "Damn there must be a buffet inside.". You name it.. I heard it. I felt it, too.


But over time, I realized that there were things that I wanted to do like I use to but couldnt any more because of my weight. Dumb dudes didnt make me eat 4 slices of pizza in one sitting, or eat out every day b/c I refused to cook. I was the root of my own pain. I had to admit that. Found what I used as excuses to eat, sought out help, pulled away from the program, slipped up on meal plans, quit going to the gym, etc. But again... I started to see that if I was smart enough to understand everything else in the world.. why was I the one thing that I couldnt pass on a test. SO each day is a struggle but I look at it by the hour.

Each hour I have goals. Drink this nasty ass water, avoid the candy lady in the next cubicle, take public transportation just to take extra steps, go window shopping and leave my purse at home, take stairs no matter what....all while eating ANY DAMN THING I WANT but smaller portions. 1slice instead of 4, half a burger instead of a whole, half a cup of coke instead of a full bottle. And by changing just my eating habits I went from 250-229 (as of my weigh-in this morning I weighed 229) And now it is time to get down 5 more lbs.

I am not doing this for a man.... I am doing this for me. I want to get on rides, go canoeing, dance for hours, wear clothes that really fit my personality. It is a journey... not a destination. and I am learning to love myself throughout the entire journey. If you need anyone to talk to... hit me up on Twitter. I promise I can help you take it step by step. From one intellectual plus size girl to the other. I'm here if ya need me. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment