Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Box


Box

by: Arch Nemesis

I tried to write myself up out this box
Tell myself that I understood
But it was a lie
And it erased itself
See
I cant see past my two degrees
And understand that you
Have a different meaning for keeping your ear to the streets
When unmarked cars wiz past you
It’s true
Never saw violence until I hit the burrows of D.C
Hood wars was something created on TV
The hardest I got, was fighting in school because this chick talked out the side of her neck
Yet
That
Doesn’t make me hood
So who the hell am I to even attempt to try?
To bring you out of your pain
When I complain
How my Expedition needs service I can’t afford
Bored to the notion that anyone’s pain could be worse than mine
Please help me write myself out of this box
This self approved
Predated
Accelerated point of view
A view that have become outdated with self righteousness dripping with prejudice for those unlike me
Cover me in your truth
And maybe I could begin to see
Maybe I could begin to feel
Because right now
I’m not feeling
I’m just revealing and hoping that you get it too
Hate on me
I need it
Talk about me….I want it
Cuss me out so I can move past it
But lay your hands on me, and I will show you what an educated ass whoopin feels like
I got to write
I want to write
I need to write myself up out of this box
This here imaginary box that some how confines me to short range thinking
I need to write

No comments:

Post a Comment